Here we have the amazing Big Joe B-502 Empire preamp clean boost overdrive and distortion with various routing options and tone & 'feel' versatility - from plexi to dumble.
Big Joe B-502 Empire: Big Joe Stomp Box Company, in collaboration with Paul “TFO” Allen, announces the release of their dual-preamp EMPIRE overdrive pedal, complete with an Adjustable Buffer/Line Driver, unique Sponge/Firm modes, and innovative Body and Attack parameters. Preamps A and B can be used independently or combined to turn any single channel amp into a 4-channel beast that roars with clarity. Bring it with you on the road and, the days of being at the mercy of uninspiring back line and rental amps are over. But that’s not all...The Adjustable Buffer/Line Driver compensates for pedalboard signal loss and also doubles as +15db clean boost to create more lively and exciting clean tones, or give you that perfect “on the edge of breakup” sound. The pedal also includes a unique Sponge/Firm function that allows you to customise touch-sensitivity for the tube-like sag, response, and feel you’d get from an amp. The Body and Attack knobs provide additional shaping options of the overall tonal girth and pick-dynamics for limitless sound explorations. The EMPIRE’s all-analogue true bypass circuitry runs on a battery, or a 9v, 12v, or 18v power supply.
FIRM/SPONGE: Extraordinary tube-like feel, sag, and response can be adjusted with the Firm/Sponge function.
BODY/ATTACK: Add support and thickness to notes without “woof” using the Body function, and let just the right amount of pick attack through your tone with the Attack knob.
BUFFER/LINE DRIVER: Correct pedalboard signal loss with the Adjustable Buffer/Line Driver’s +15db clean boost for that “straight into the amp” feel.
A/B-B/A: Switchable A/B or B/A function to change signal flow order.
- Centre Negative
- Mini Pedal: No
- True Bypass: Yes
- Type of Distortion: Overdrive
- Variable Voltage: Yes
- Battery Powered Option: Yes
- Voltage: 9V
- Equipped with Tubes: No
- Channels: 2 (can be used separately or together)
- Channel A has controls for presence, drive, output, body and attack
- Channel B has controls for gain, output and tone
- Switchable Bypass (true bypass or buffered)
- Switch to choose between firm and sponge for each channel
- Separate line drive control for up +15 dB of boost
- Switch between channel A and channel B in the signal chain
- LED Indicators
- Metal Housing
- Mono Jack Input and Output
- Powered by 9V battery or optional 9V / 12V / 18V DC Adaptor (2.1mm barrel, centre-negative)
- Made in the USA
Royal Mail 2nd Class Signed For
Postage and packaging (UK Mainland Only) for this item is £7.95 — Click here for international delivery details